fa

New Zealands 64, with Australia well ahead on 76 | انجمن

مکان موضوع : صفحه اصلی انجمن » General » General Chat
miaowang123 96/05/18 - 00:00
VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Only a few days after sending out wedding invitations, golfer Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement to Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki on Wednesday. Adidas Marty Mcsorley Jersey . Uncomfortable and subdued, the two-time major winner spoke about the decision ahead of the BMW PGA Championship, only a few hours after first announcing the split in a statement. "It is quite a difficult time for Caroline and myself, and the statement really said it all this morning," McIlroy said at Wentworth. "It was mutual and we both thought it was the best for us, the best for both of us. Time to move on, and Ive said all that I need to say." The 25-year-old McIlroy and 23-year-old Wozniacki have been dating since 2011. They were engaged on New Years Eve in Australia. The decision to call off the wedding came as surprise to many, especially since McIlroy had only recently spoke of his delight in meeting up with Wozniacki in London after competing in the Players Championship a couple of weeks ago. Wozniacki had been due to compete in an event in Rome but withdrew to meet up with him. "Look, Im no different than anyone else," the Northern Irishman said. "Everyone has been through breakups, and its obviously very, very difficult. But look, Im here to try and concentrate on this week and answer questions about golf, and thats what Im going to do." Both McIlroy and Wozniacki have been the top-ranked player in their respective sports, but Wozniacki has not won a major title. McIlroy won his first major at the 2011 U.S. Open, and then added another a year later at the U.S. PGA Championship. In the earlier statement, McIlroy took the blame for the breakup. "The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realize that I wasnt ready for all that marriage entails," McIlroy said. "I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times weve had. I will not be saying anything more about our relationship in any setting." At Wentworth, McIlroy is among the top players at this weeks European Tour flagship event. "Im not going to lie. Its going to be very difficult," McIlroy said of playing this week. "But you know, at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand. But yeah, its obviously going to be difficult." At least McIlroy will have something to cheer him up. The Manchester United fan will play in the pro-am alongside three former stars from the club, Teddy Sheringham, Peter Schmeichel and Phil Neville. "Ive been a Manchester United fan my whole life, and getting to play with three Manchester United legends is going to be a nice afternoon," McIlroy said. "I remember watching the Champions League final in 99 when United beat (Bayern) Munich in Barcelona, and it was a very memorable night. All those three guys were involved." Adidas Trevor Lewis Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens goaltender has won three of his four games since returning from a lower-body injury that kept him out from the end of the Olympic break until March 15. Adidas Jake Muzzin Jersey . Jones took a beating, the worst one of his record reign, in a bout against Alexander Gustafsson that knocked the light heavyweight champion on the canvas for the first time in his career and put his belt in jeopardy.England Women overpowered New Zealand 31-14 to win the final of the Langford Sevens in Canada on Sunday. New Zealand were first off the mark in a first half which featured five tries, but it was England who lead 19-14 at the break, with two tries from Heather Fisher, who was named player of the final.Joanne Watmore followed up her first-half try with a second from a counter-ruck and despite a strong battle, Englands experience and fitness shone through to put the game out of New Zealands reach. Captain Emily Scarratts breakaway try in the first half was followed up by further touchdowns from 20-year-old Abbie Brown and a sprint break from Watmore. England captain Emily Scarratt was impressed that her side dug deep to claim victory Reflecting on the final win, Scarratt said: It was an awesome first half. There was a bit of ping pong to start, with tries scored and conceded but the girls dug deep.Weve had a good couple of weeks out here in America and Canada and its been a really long while for an England Womens Sevens team to get something like this in our hands were over the moon. Head coach Simon Middleton said the performance was sensational Coach Simon Middleton said: The girls put in a spectacular day of rugby. Adidas Drew Doughty Jersey. These tournaments are all about day two as we have just proved as our performances all day were sensational.We didnt have a great day one but we dusted ourselves off and the girls have shown what a talented group they are and what great shape they are in.England, who finished second in Pool C after losing to Canada, put on dominant displays against the USA and World Rugby HSBC Womens Sevens Series leaders Australia to reach the final.They opened the second day with a decisive 29-7 victory of the USA, with Watmore and Danielle Waterman, making her first series appearance following 13 months on the sidelines, each scoring twice.Their 15-5 semi-final win against Australia was a major upset and the first time this season that Australia failed to win a round, having claimed top prize in Dubai, Sao Paulo and Atlanta.With under four months to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Middleton added: We came into this double legger [Atlanta and Langford] wanting to get certain results to progress as a squad and we got that. Heading into the final round in Clermont-Ferrand in France over the weekend of May 28-29, England remain third in the overall series standings, but now sit just four points behind New Zealands 64, with Australia well ahead on 76.  Also See: Title hat-trick for OConnor Adams win gold in Turkey Hayes: Equal pay a slow-burner Majors on Hulls mind Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '